IPL 2023 LIVE Streaming – Disney vs Netflix Subscribers: The season 15 of IPL has made Walt Disney the biggest STREAMING service…
IPL 2023 LIVE Streaming – Disney vs Netflix Subscribers: The season 15 of IPL has made Walt Disney the biggest STREAMING service provider in the world. For the first time ever, total DTC subscribers base of Disney has overtaken Netflix. Walt Disney DTC services have clocked 221.1 MN to 220.67MN subscriber base of Netflix. All of this became reality as on the back of IPL LIVE Streaming Disney+ Hotstar paid subscriber base swells to 58.4 million: Follow Indian Cricket LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
- Netflix reported 220.67 million total global subs, after losing almost 1 million for the three months.
- Disney’s numbers include Disney+ (152M), ESPN+ (22.8M) and Hulu total, including Live TV, at (46.2M).
- Disney Star India-owned streaming platform Disney+ Hotstar’s paid subscriber base jumped 30 per cent YoY.
- Disney Star reported 58.4 million subscribers for the quarter ended 2nd July. VIS a VIS in the same quarter last year the count was 44.9 million
- But the bad news is that Disney will now shed some subscribers down the line. They have lost the bidding war for streaming cricket rights in India, where a big chunk of Disney+ subs are based.
IPL 2023: Courtesy IPL Season 15, Walt Disney overtakes Netflix in total subscribers base: CHECK OUT
Disney vs Netflix Subscribers: Netflix has been the established leader from quite sometime now. Netflix has admittedly lost almost a million subscribers since last quarter.
Such has been the impact of the loss of subscribers that the Reed Hastings and Ted Sarandos-led giant is also in the process of rolling out a ad-supported streaming tier.
Disney+ Hotstar paid subscriber base swells to 58.4 million: Meanwhile, Star India-owned streaming platform paid subscriber base jumped 30 per cent YoY to 58.4 million for the quarter ended 2nd July. This is vis a vis against 44.9 million in the same quarter last year.
On a sequential basis, the paid subscriber base jumped 27.23 per cent from 45.9 million for the quarter that ended 1st January.
The average monthly revenue per paid subscriber for Disney+ Hotstar increased from $0.78 to $1.20. This is due to higher per-subscriber advertising revenue. Walt Disney confirmed this in its Q3 earnings statement.
IPL 2023 LIVE Streaming – Viacom18 New Streaming Offering: But Disney in new financial year will surely shed some subscribers down the line. Reason they lost the bidding war for streaming cricket rights in India, where a big chunk of Disney+ subs are based.
Disney’s loss will be Viacom18’s gain who trumped them in the bidding of IPL Rights. Viacom18 will launch a new streaming offering in 2023 that will showcase the IPL 2023 LIVE.
According to Paramount Global Chief Robert Bob Bakish the Indian Joint Venture will launch Paramount+, the D2C platform along with the new streaming product.