Sri Lanka’s Danushka Gunathilaha, Kusal Mendis and Niroshan Dickwella have been banned from worldwide cricket for one yr and home cricket for six months by Sri Lanka Cricket for his or her bio-bubble breach in England. Moreover, they’ve been fined Sri Lanka Rupees 10 million every.
A five-member disciplinary committee had earlier really useful a two-year bans for batsmen Danushka Gunathilaka and Kusal Mendis with 18-month sanction for wicketkeeper-batter Niroshan Dickwella. In late June, they had been discovered to have breached the COVID security bio-bubble in Durham forward of the three-match ODI collection towards England. They had been ignored for alternatives for the continuing ODI and T20 collection with the visiting Indians
“Consequent to the suggestions made by the Impartial Panel of Inquiry appointed by Sri Lanka Cricket, Below allegations of;
1. Breaching Covid-19 security tips, directions & rules of the crew Administration and by the mentioned act placing into jeopardy the protection of mentioned gamers, fellow crew members and others concerned within the mentioned tour, and;
2. Violating the directions & rules of the crew Administration with regard to the crew curfew by failing to be on the lodge room by 10.30 p.m.,
3. By such actions, bringing disrepute to Sri Lanka Cricket and the Nation
The Govt Committee of Sri Lanka Cricket at its assembly held right this moment(30/07/2021) has given due consideration to the suggestions of the Panel of Inquiry, and in additional consideration of the impression to the person gamers, and their contribution to the nationwide crew, have determined unanimously to impose the next punitary measures on the mentioned three gamers:
1. A advantageous of Sri Lanka Rupees 10 Million for every participant.
2. A One yr Ban from all types of Worldwide Cricket and a Six months ban from Home Cricket.
3. Upon completion of the mentioned one yr Ban, every participant shall be subjected to an extra ban of 1 yr from taking part in worldwide Cricket which shall be suspended for a interval of two years.
4. Obligatory Counselling below a Physician really useful by the SLC.”
#Gunathilaka #Kusal #Mendis #Dickwella #Banned #12 months #Fined #Million #Rupees