After a long break, England and South Africa will clash against each other in the 3rd test to win the series, currently level at 1-1.
ENG vs SA: Match Details
- Date – Thursday, September 8, 2022
- Time – 03:30 PM IST
- Venue – Kennington Oval, London
ENG vs SA: Match Preview:
After a big defeat by an innings and 12 runs in the first test, England came back stronger and registered an even bigger win – by an innings and 85 runs in the second test to level the series. Captain Ben Stokes finally got into his groove as he smacked his first ton as full-time England test skipper, scoring 103 runs in just 163 balls, including 6 fours & 3 sixes. Ben Foakes was the other star for England as he scored 113 runs with 9 fours.
Ben Stokes shined for England with the ball as well, picking up 4 wickets in the match. Apart from him, James Anderson (6 wickets), Ollie Robinson (5 wickets) & Stuart Broad (4 wickets) displayed performance which would ensure England a win if they put up a 400+ total in their first innings.
South African batting disappointed as a team in the 2nd test. Barring Rassie van der Dussen in the second innings (41), none of the batters were able to reach the 40-run mark as they lost their combined 20 wickets for a total of 330 runs. The likes of Dean Elgar, Keegan Petersen & Aiden Markram would have to step up to save and possibly win the 3-match test series.
The South African team missed a big trick as they excluded the hero of the first match, Marco Jansen in the second test. Anrich Nortje picked up 3 wickets in the 2nd tet while Kagiso Rabada and Keshav Maharaj managed 1 wicket each. Simon Harmer, who was brought in as a second spinner to Keshav in place of pacer Marco, managed only 1 wicket in 23 overs while conceding 73 runs.
Match Prediction: Who Will Win The Match? ENG vs SA
The decider test between both teams is expected to be a close contest. However, the home team England would start as slight favourites to win the match with winning momentum on their back.
ENG vs SA Head-to-Head:
- Total – 155
- England – 65
- South Africa – 35
- Draw – 55
ENG vs SA Team News:
- England – Jonny Bairstow suffered a freak injury while playing golf and won’t be available for this test. Harry Brook will get to make his debut in Jonny’s stead.
- South Africa – Rassie van der Dussen broke his finger in Manchester and left-handed wicketkeeper-batter Ryan Rickelton is set to replace the all-rounder. Aiden Markram has also looked out of form for a while and might be replaced by right-handed batter Khaya Zondo. Marco Jansen will also most probably make his way back in place of spinner Simon Harmer.
ENG vs SA Probable Playing XI:
- England – Alex Lees, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (c), Ben Foakes (wk), Stuart Broad, Ollie Robinson, Jack Leach, James Anderson
- South Africa – Dean Elgar (c), Sarel Erwee, Keegan Petersen, Aiden Markram/Khaya Zondo, Ryan Rickelton, Kyle Verreynne (wk), Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi
ENG vs SA Fantasy XI:
- Wicket-keeper – Ben Foakes
- Batters – Dean Elgar, Keegan Petersen, Joe Root
- All-rounders – Ben Stokes, Marco Jansen, Ollie Robinson
- Bowlers – James Anderson, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Stuart Broad
Win Big, Make Your Cricket Prediction Now