Australia are set to face off against Zimbabwe in the 1st ODI at Tony Ireland Stadium, Townsville.
AUS vs ZIM: Match Details
- Date – Sunday, August 28, 2022
- Time – 05:10 AM IST
- Venue – Tony Ireland Stadium, Townsville
AUS vs ZIM: Match Preview:
In their last ODI series, hosts Australia lost the 5-match series against Sri Lanka by 3-2. Travis Head is the leading run-scorer in ODIs this year for the Aussies, but he hasn’t been named in the playing XI. Wicket-keeper batter Alex Carey has registered 214 runs this year in 8 innings. However, with a batting line comprising Aaron Finch, David Warner, Steve Smith, Marcus Stoinis and Mitchell Marsh looks formidable enough to successfully take on the Zimbabwe bowling lineup.
In the bowling department, even though Australia will miss their highest wicket-taker this year in ODIs, Pat Cummins, the return of Mitchell Starc after 13 months to ODI cricket will strengthen the Australian bowling. Josh Hazlewood, Adam Zampa, Cameron Green and Mitchell Starc would be leading the bowling in the first ODI against Zimbabwe.
Sikandar Raza has been absolutely incredible this year in ODIs for Zimbabwe, scoring 615 runs in 12 matches at an average of 61.50 with three tons and two fifties in the lower middle order. The batter has been in a form of his own, where the second highest run scorer for Zimbabwe this year in ODIs has been Regis Chakabva with 293 runs. Innocent Kaia also showed decent form against Bangladesh with a ton. The Zimbabwe team is coming in from a 0-3 loss against India in the recent ODI series and would look to perform well in their tour to Australia after many years.
Amongst the bowler, Blessing Muzarabani has picked up 12 wickets this year in 6 matches and is the highest wicket-taker in ODIs this year for Zimbabwe. Allrounder Brad Evans, Richard Ngarava and Sikandar Raza have picked 7 wickets each this year.
Match Prediction: Who Will Win Today’s Cricket Match? AUS vs ZIM
Australia are expected to win this match against Zimbabwe in the 1st ODI with a full-strength squad.
AUS vs ZIM Head-to-Head:
- Total – 30
- Australia – 27
- Zimbabwe – 02
- Tied – 00
- No result – 01
AUS vs ZIM Team News:
There are no injury updates from either team as of now.
Australia have announced their playing XI a day ahead of the first ODI.
AUS vs ZIM Probable Playing XI:
- Australia – Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Steve Smith, Alex Carey (wk), Marcus Stoinis Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Cameron Green, Mitchell starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood
- Zimbabwe – Tadiwanashe Marumani, Innocent Kaia, Takudzwanashe Kaitano, Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, Ryan Burl, Regis Chakabva (c & wk), Brad Evans, Luke Jongwe, Victor Nyauchi, Blessing Muzarabani
AUS vs ZIM Fantasy XI:
- Wicket-keeper – Alex Carey
- Batters – David Warner, Steve Smith, Aaron Finch, Ryan Burl
- All-rounders – Sikandar Raza, Glenn Maxwell
- Bowlers – Josh Hazlewood, Blessing Muzarabani, Brad Evans, Mitchell Starc
Win Big, Make Your Cricket Prediction Now